Ziggo Sport offers golf enthusiasts an extensive range of top tournaments this year. The sports channel has secured the exclusive broadcasting rights for three years for all tournaments of the European DP Word Tour, including the Dutch Open (May 25-28). All tournaments of the American PGA Tour will also be broadcasted live. The four Majors can also be watched on Ziggo Sport this year, as well as footage from the Asian Tour and the ladies on the LPGA Tour. The icing on the cake is the battle for the Ryder Cup 2023 at the end of September.
Ziggo Sport will broadcast all 40 tournaments of the American PGA Tour live, including:
- 6-12 February - WM Phoenix Open (Scottsdale, Arizona)
- 16-19 February - The Genesis Invitational (Pacific Pallisades, California)
- 2-5 March - Arnold Palmer Invitational (Orlando, Floria)
- 9- 12 March - THE PLAYERS Championship (Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida)
- 22-26 March - World Golf Championship Matchplay (Austin, Texas)
- 1-4 June - The Memorial Tournament (Dublin, Ohio)
- 10-13 August - FedEx St. Jude Championship (Memphis, Tennessee)
- 17-20 August - BMW Championship (Olympia Fields, Illinois)
- 24-27 August - TOUR Championship (Atlanta, Georgia)
In addition, this year Ziggo Sport will broadcast the DP World Tour-the official name of the European PGA Tour- including the Genesis Scottish Open (13-16 July), the Horizon Irish Open (7-10 September), the BMW PGA Championship (14-17 September) and the closing DP World Tour Championship (16-19 November).
Part of the DP World Tour is the Dutch Open. The championship is one of the oldest tournaments on the European Tour and will be played at Bernardus Golf in Cromvoirt for the third consecutive time. The 103rd edition of the Dutch Open will take place from 25 to 28 May 2023. Ziggo Sport is reporting live from Benardus and will be there with a team reporters and golf analysts.
The 'Majors' - the four most important annual golf tournaments of the year - can also be watched live on Ziggo Sport:
- 6-9 April - The Masters (Augusta, Georgia)
- 18-21 May - PGA Championship (Rochester, New York)
- 15-18 June - US Open (Los Angeles, California)
- 20-23 July - The Open (Hoylake/Liverpool, United Kingdom)
Ziggo Sport Golf
Marcel Beerthuizen, managing director of Ziggo Sport: “Golf is an important sport in Ziggo Sport's portfolio, for which we have even created our own channel: Ziggo Sport Golf. I am happy that we will be able to offer golf enthusiasts the best players and the most beautiful tournaments in the world. The highlight is the Ryder Cup that will be played in Rome this year. We pay a lot of attention to Dutch players, including during the Dutch Open. We also work with the Dutch Golf Federation to promote the sport.”
All golf broadcasts will take place on Ziggo Sport Golf and -depending on other live sports broadcasts- possibly also on Ziggo Sport (channel 14) and Ziggo Sport Select. Commentary is provided by experienced forces such as Jan Kees van der Velden (former editor-in-chief of Golfers Magazine), Daan Slooter (tournament director Dutch Open), Inder van Weerelt (former Dutch champion and European Tour player), Gerard Louter (feature writer van Golf Weekly), John Woof (1986 Golfer of the Year) and Robert-Jan Derksen (winner of two tournaments on the European Tour).